F. Koors, Nature's One, Inc.
Are you at a loss when it comes to healthy snack ideas for your picky eater? If so, you’re not alone – read on for some ideas!
Of course we’re partial to offering organic PediaSmart® as a quick treat that’s packed with all the nutrients and calories kids need to make it through their day. Even picky eaters love it’s great taste!
Some snack suggestions below require mastery at chewing & swallowing – be sure these foods are age appropriate for your child.
· a healthy, whole grain cereal w/raisins or craisins (dry, like a trail mix)
· whole grain cereal bars dipped in yogurt
· whole grain crackers w/cheese slices
· bananas dipped in yogurt dip**
· whole grain mini bagels with cheese slices or pureed fruit as a spread
· graham crackers with applesauce & raisins or sliced banana
· pureed vegetables & put in sauces, esp spaghetti sauce
· cottage cheese & canned fruit w/low sugar
· ½ English muffin w/marinara & one slice cheese (cold or toasted), cut up
· 1 C. of your favorite juice
· 1 C. plain, vanilla or fruited yogurt (already blended)
· Shake or blend until mixed
· 1 C. vanilla yogurt
· ½ C. applesauce
· ¼ C. vanilla yogurt
· 4 T. fruit puree or 100% fruit preserves
· Honey drizzle on top
Courtesy wholesome toddler food.com
· 8 oz vanilla yogurt
· ¼ C. carrot juice
· 1 frozen banana
· 2 tsp Orange Juice
· Makes 2 servings.